HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
There is no fee to become a member at the centre. The youth simply fill out a membership form and sign the rules and regulations. They also receive a membership card that they keep for future reference.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER TODAY
The BYC is always looking for caring and committed adult involvement.
Volunteers are a core component of the BYC as they are continually involved with the youth on a first hand basis.
Those interested willingly participate in a screening and training process to ensure the highest quality volunteer presence at the youth centre.
We have opportunities in the following areas;
- Board of Directors - we are looking for passionate individuals to help shape the future for the BYC, youth and its programs. The Board meets once per month.
- Daily supervision of youth and programs
- Fundraising/Event Planning - we are looking for individuals to assist the staff and Board of Directors in annual or one time fundraising events. The BYC is funded soley on these fundraising efforts.
- Student Co-Operative placements
(All positions can be counted toward your required hours for graduation)
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT THE CENTRE
- Keep Fit, Stay Healthy Program – Program Development and Implementation
- Youth Council – Help decide what happens at the BYC and how to get involved in the community
- Daily Programming – Help run scheduled daily programs
- Peer Tutoring Program
- Student Co-operative placements
You may also fill out the one of the following:
Youth Volunteer Application